- Mission Law
- Ropes & Gray
- Public Advocates
- Teach for America Corps Member serving in Greater New Orleans Public Schools
- Yale Law School JD '14
- Yale College '09
My mother passed away in November 2021 after a nine-year battle with lung cancer. In writing her obituary, I was incredibly moved by her legacy and asked what I wanted my own to be. I knew the answer wasn’t to take the path of least resistance or aspire to have power or prestige. Like hers, it had more to do with courage, sacrifice, peace, love, and joy.
Why Mission Law?
I was dutifully rising in the ranks in BigLaw, loving the community that was supporting and investing in me, and grateful for the rigor and professionalism it had bestowed. But I wanted to devote more of my time and energy to partnering with folks intentionally doing good (ideally, but secondarily, also doing well) in the world and I sought more agency and ownership over my life. I asked myself, what would I do if I could retire, and why not do that now? I articulated my mission - to use my legal skills to help those helping others - to the universe and a week later serendipitously got introduced to Tony and Mission Law. Since joining, I have continued to be inspired by the spirit animating our work and what I’ve seen as a result. Mission Law is a firm and movement I’m proud to have joined.
Sample Recent Transactions
- Secured $30M Series B financing for FreeWill led by Bain Capital Double Impact
- Oversaw post-merger integration of fund families for an S&P 500 asset management firm in connection with a multi-billion dollar merger
- Freed up over $1 billion of assets for sovereign wealth fund via secondary sales in 2020 to fund scientific advances, including COVID research
- Launched numerous onshore and offshore private funds with strategies including equity, fixed income, quant, and risk premia
- Advised U.S. investment advisors on offerings of securities in connection with diverse fund strategies, day-to-day operations, and compliance with U.S., U.K., E.U., and Cayman regulatory regimes